Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Subdural hemotoma from fall?

I fell down an airline escolator 6 months ago, hitting my head on the steps.  I had no symptoms for about 2 months, then began having slight headaches.  After catarack surgery, the headaches increased to mild but
seemed to last most of day off and on.  Now, 6 months later my eyes burn and feel like I m looking into bright sunlight.  Wake up with mild headache.  Function fine most of day...but concerned about driving with eyes
constricted.  ???? Do I have to see a doc...I dislike doctors and what I believe are over-reactions by them resulting in extensive testing, etc.  My husband died of cancer last year and it was an absolute nightmare with docs.    
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I can understand your reluctance to see doctors. The symptoms can be due to either a chronic subdural hematoma or due to eye surgery or any other problem in eye. Retinal detachment (this also causes flashes of light), iritis, uveitis, optic neuritis, corneal ulcerations and other afflictions of cornea, and cataracts are a few eye related causes for increased sensitivity to light. It can be due to nervous system disorders like herniation of tonsils or Chiari malformation, meningitis and encephalitis. The latter two you obviously do not have as you do not have any other symptoms. Chiari malformation can be diagnosed by a MRI of the brain. Other than that it can be a symptom of migraine, retinal migraine, ophthalmic migraine, magnesium deficiency, infectious mononucleosis (if you have a recent history of flu like symptoms), chronic fatigue syndrome, hangover, side effects of certain drugs etc.
I am not sure what you mean by eyes constricted—if this means you have tunnel vision or constricted vision then this can be due to optic nerve damage caused by glaucoma, high internal eye pressure, retinal detachment, occlusion of blood supply as in eye stroke, optic neuritis, and optic nerve edema. Tunnel vision is also possible after a history of head injury, concussion, brain damage and stroke.
Hence it is important to first consult an eye specialist and then a neurologist.
Take care!