Will post accident ringing in ears go away?

Hi.  I was in a vehicle collision a little over a year ago.  I have had constant ringing in my ears ever since.  I saw a neurologist a few months after the collision and he told me the ringing sound would eventually go away.  It's been over a year now and the ringing noise is as loud as ever.  Am I stuck with this for life?

Ringing in the ears or tinnitus can arise in any of the four sections of the ear: the outer ear, the middle ear, the inner ear, and the brain. If it persisted for a year, it may help to have yourself evaluated by a specialist (ENT) to determine the underlying cause and treat or make recommendations to treat the tinnitus. In many cases, there is no specific treatment for tinnitus. It may simply go away on its own, or it may be a permanent disability that the patient will have to adjust to.

Get adequate rest and avoid fatigue. Exercise and learn to utilize masking noise.  Other people use biofeedback to diminish tinnitus. Take care and keep us posted.