Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community

brain lesions

I had an mri done in june and it showed several white matter foci in the subcortical white matter, they are small but several, ihave chronic fatigue, memory loss depression, poor concentration, also had vertigo 3 times this year, i also have sleep problems, diagnosed as nonrestorative sleep, i also had a spinal tap and there were no obligonal bands, what could this be?
Hi...many times those that suffer from migraines can have these lesions show on MRI's...it sounds u may have been checked for MS since u had a LP done????

I would ask if u had a cervical MRI as well?

There r so many dif things that can lead to the symptoms u r experiencing...ur dr may need to do more testing.

May I ask what kind of injury did u have to ur head?

Good luck and do keep us posted

"selma"
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
White spots on MRI are seen in MS, microvascular disease (arteriosclerosis), some types of headaches, Alzhiemer’s disease, old age and even due to TBI. It is difficult to differentiate the white spots due to one disease from the white spots due to another. Patient history and other parameters are taken into consideration and co related with the MRI picture. Please discuss with your neurologist. Take care!