Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community

lymph node behind right ear

I scanned the possible topics under which post this and this seemed the most appropriate, if not, please let me know someone.

I noticed behind my right ear what feels like a lymph node. It is directly behind my ear, I don't have one on the opposite side in this exact position and this one seems to be bigger than the one on the other side but yet it isn't huge it still seems like it is between 1- 2 cm, I think... but it is a bit hard to measure your head back there. I was messing with it a lot yesterday and I had a headaches afterward later that night. I feel like maybe I have always felt this there, I somewhat do remember feeling that behind my right ear but not my left in the past but I just ft kind of worried and curious yesterday, now that I think it about it as well many times when I get headaches they are on my right side near th back... could these be related? I don't know if other people may have larger lump nodes on one side behind the ear than th other ear or what... I just really don't know if I should be concerned.. does anyone have any thoughts?
Behind the ear there is skin, fat, cartilage, bone, nerves, blood vessels, Lymph nodes, and salivary gland tissue (a portion of the parotid salivary gland extends behind the ear). A bump can develop from any of those structures, and could be due to a tumor (benign or not), an infection (Lymph node or skin), a swollen muscle or salivary gland, etc.

My suggestion would be to wait it out for a few weeks to see if it changes in size. If it gets smaller, it was nothing. If it happens to get bigger, then make an appointment with your doctor. You may take some pain killers or some anti-inflammatory drug if you have pain.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.