Healing Body and Mind with Meditation Community
57 Members

Basic Meditation 2

Choose a time when you’re comfortable. When you’re more familiar with meditation, you might use it to calm you down when you’re feeling anxious or overwhelmed. But if you’re a beginner, you may find it hard to concentrate at first if you’re not in the right frame of mind. When you’re starting out, meditate when you already feel relaxed — perhaps first thing in the morning, or after you’ve had to unwind after school or work. Remove every distraction you can think of before you sit down to meditate. Grab a light snack if you’re feeling hungry, use the restroom if you need to, and so on.
Yes it is important that we should be free from for all petty distraction.If there are mosquitoes in your room, see that they are driven out by mosquito-repellant. One of the greatest saint has said choose a place which is free from mosquito. Yes mosquito-bite is greatest distraction for meditation.
Rolling the mat to do vipritkarni aasan is a good idea, suggested by you.I will use it now before I go to bed. Thank you.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.