Health Insurance Forum

Does Medicaid cover out of state hospitalization

My mother lives in New Jersey and has both Medicare part B and Medicaid. She is planning on visiting my sister in upstate New York. In case of emergency, does Medicaid cover her medical bills in NY.??
Dear Pari390,

Since Medicaid is administered jointly by the state and federal governments, each individual state has its own rules regarding out-of-state Medicaid coverage. To find out the extend of Out of State coverage in your state (NJ), please call 1-800-356-1561.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.