Health Insurance Forum

Get insurance with a recent diagnosed condition?

I was recently diagnosed with a small area of skin cancer. I have no current insurance. Can I buy and insurance program that will cover treatment for this condition, or am I too late?
Dear monnie52,

Qualifying for private or individually purchased health insurance depends on where you live and there are only a handful of states that mandate guaranteed issue coverage which means that you can not be declined due to any health issues.

As for finding a carrier that would pay for treatment of a pre-existing condition, unfortunately in absence of prior coverage, I don't know of any options. I have known of people who made arrangements with their doctor to pay off for their treatment in installments.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.