Avatar universal

Travel Insurance after DVT/Pulmonary Embolism

Hi. Can you tell me please if you have had a recent DVT and pulmonary embolism do you have to get special insurance in order to be covered if you travel? I'm planning some worldwide travel and need to get insurance that adequately covers me in case I have recurrence of the these problems. Are there particular companies I should approach?
Thanks for your help.
2 Responses
282113 tn?1388159749
Dear kazza16,

First you want to find out if your current Major Medical Health Insurance provides coverage on emergency situations while you are travelling abroad. Most Major Medical Health Insurance plans provide some degree of coverage on emergencies abroad. For travel insurance you can visit www.sevencorners.com however most travel insurance do not cover pre-existing conditions. I recommend that you explain your situation to them & ask if they would cover you in case of a recurrence.


Amir Mostafaie
Avatar universal
Many thanks. I'll follow up on that. Thanks so much for your prompt reply.
Best wishes.

You are reading content posted in the Health Insurance Forum

Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.