A
A
A
Close
Healthy Cooking Community
1.25k Members
20825142 tn?1526179582

Any affordable recipes?

Looking for some simple and easy on the wallet recipes for a family of 6. I'm very open-minded when it comes to new food but my family... Not so much so nothing crazy haha thanks in advance :)
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
Wow, you and I are in the same boat.  LOL  Picky eaters and low budget but want to stay healthy!  We eat a lot of chicken and I look for it to go on sale.  I will mix chicken, a can of low salt black beans, a can or corn and jar of salsa and then we put that in whole wheat tortilla boats and top as we like with lettuce, tomato, and cheese.  Then sometimes I use the left overs (as it mixes into quite a bit) and put it in scooped out and boiled peppers (like stuffed peppers) and pour tomato sauce over and bake.  Tasty!  

Stir fry is a good one too because everyone picks out what they don't like.  lol  You can make a sauce out of orange juice and soy sauce and thicken it with corn starch.  

If you make cheap and a typical favorite spaghetti, put a few covert veg's in the sauce.  :>)
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.