Best Guacamole and Dips

Well I may have put something similar up here a few moons ago, but I would love ideas for  really interesting recipes for guacamole or any super dip ...I am having company over on July 4th to celebrate this exceptional countries Independance , everyone here loves chips and dips ..I seem to make the same old ,same old , can you guys help me out with a little extravaganza, can be healthy but other wise is okay on a holiday ..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That would be great margypops I need some refreshing changes :D
Helpful - 0
I will I used to have a lot of books , I have given some to my dd but will check out any recipes I have left ...
Helpful - 0
Definitely any veggie friendly recipes please do post them, I get stuck in the rut making the same things too so like when I can cross reference others recipes too.
Helpful - 0
ohh thanks guys I love both of these ..I do get stuck in the mud for recipes on holidays and end up doing the same old thing .I do have some veggie recipes I will look out..  
Helpful - 0
I like making a 7-layer bean dip, everyone seems to always enjoy that.

You can use any type of dish you want to make it in:

Does anyone have any vegetarian recipes they can share?  I am always looking for new recipes to make for my family to give them a meat break :)

I will share this one I just posted under the dips topic:

1 16 ounce container sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
2 16 ounce cans refried beans
1 16 ounce jar salsa
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
2 avocados, diced
2 cups shredded cheese
1 4 ounce can sliced black olives
2 cups shredded lettuce
tortilla chips

Use the refried beans as your base and then mix the sourcream and the taco seasoning if you want, you can omit the seasoning, then smooth out the layer of sour cream and sprinkle on the lettuce and other toppings.  Then just tortilla chips to dip.

This is perfect for vegetarian guests that might go hungry with normal picnic foods.
Helpful - 0
Yoo Hoo

Margy - I found one from Swampcritter

Here is a recipe posted here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/566095

You can also make a simple guacamole -

- roughly mash avocados
- add canned diced tomatos until it tastes reasonable
- add some washed chopped cilanto
- balance taste with lime juice and salt

If you need some spice, either grind some dried hot chilis, or you could use a little canned green chili.

This is how Swampy makes it all the time, and the simplicity is nice, its a good fresh avocado taste.
Helpful - 0
haah I think you are jesting ...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community