Carb Intake Formula

Years ago, a dietary nurse gave me a formula for calculating total carb intake that she wrote down for me to use. I then moved to another town and I lost the formula to that. Does anyone out here know or have the formula that I mentioned for calculating carbs?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I work in Dietary at my local hospital.  one carb exchange (I.e. one serving of a carbohydrate) equals 15 (unsure of the measurement...the nurses look more closely at carb intake than we do..ts either mg or g).
Helpful - 0
Sorry I dont but maybe the diet and weight loss forum may have ideas ..good luck
Helpful - 0
I found a intake formula on how much carbo-hydrates are you suppose to eat daily depending on your daily activity in a book I'm reading.

CH (carbo-hydrate), BM(Body mass / Weight)

Regularly active: 4.5- 5g  CH/kg BM/day  
Sports of strength: 5-6g CH/kg BM/day
Endurance sports (more than 90min day): 8-10g CH/kg BM/day

Cheers
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community