Easy Crockpot Chicken Mess

This is my hands down, all time, favorite "I'm having a lot of pain today and I don't feel like cooking" recipe.
Couldn't be easier.  
The ingredients can be changed, and so can quantities.  Its the ultimate dump and go recipe.

4- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be put in frozen if you want)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use Healthy Request)
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
salt & pepper later

Dump everything in, turn on the crockpot, and go lay down on an icepack for the rest of the day if you so desire.  By dinnertime, the chicken will be falling apart, so go ahead and pull it apart.  Stir in noodles if you feel like it.  Or cooked rice.  
I sometimes add peas, or really anything I have that I want to use up. Taste, and add salt & pepper to your liking.

I have no idea of the calorie content *bad Co-CL, BAD!*  But it can't be that much for a smallish scoop.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh, and to clarify the small pieces thing---------  my son with the developmental delay has trouble chewing and so things like a chicken breast has to be tiny so he doesn't gag and choke on it.  He's getting better with chewing but now I think has some fear from past choking episodes (me too).  Life isn't always fair or fun but we just move on and do the best we can, right?
Helpful - 0
Bingo!  I bet if I get the chicken into small enough pieces and added rice or noodles, my boys would eat this!  Sounds like dinner to me!  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm working on  healthy . . . but also all of us just enjoying one meal too.  

It's baby steps, right?  
Helpful - 0
It is a higher sodium choice, but certainly not overwhelmingly so.

I calculated it at about 510mg sodium per serving, based on 6 servings,   Obviously, an easy recipe such as this, with a high reliance on canned soup, is an occasional choice, not a mainstay of a healthier diet plan.

There isn't a blanket statement "sodium is worse than calories".  All aspects of food choices have to be taken into consideration by the consumer, who knows his or her own health conditions and the requirements they must follow.    Someone with high blood pressure would certainly want to keep sodium intake to 2000 mg/day, or less.  For others, a  lower calorie or lower fat plan is their main focus.

There are many lower sodium choices on the community.  If that is your focus, check them out!  Happy cooking!  
Helpful - 0
sounds yummy, but aren't you forgetting about the high sodium content of the canned soups? even the low sodium ones are extremely high and thats worse than calories...
Just got a new crockpot and would love to see more 'easy' recipes!!
Helpful - 0
This couldn't get easier!

This info is for 6 servings.

193 calories if you use condensed 98% Fat Free Cream Of Chicken, condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup and 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless, chicken breast.

Add 200 calories for a serving of whole wheat noodles or brown rice.
Helpful - 0
Simple but sounds delish!  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community