Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Health foods for a 415 calorie budget ?

I currently weight 188 and want to be 120 by August 20 2014. What are some good foods and recipes that I can have /make ?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I recommend going vegan! I recommend watching some movies especially Vegucated. And reading the book called veganist. On a vegan diet all your weight will fall off an you won't have to restrict calories or count calories. There are tons of delicious recipes. I know going vegan can seem like a religion or alien like. Most think it's sticks and leaves. But going vegan is such an adventure. You try so many new foods and they're so good. It doesn't have to be something that happens overnight either. Some people lost 4 or 5 pounds In the first week of the transition. It's really healthy. There are also "junk" vegan alternatives you can have if you get a craving. If you have anymore questions you can message me and I'm totally open to share more with you (like recipes).. Hope this helped :)
Helpful - 0
973741 tn?1342342773
What is a 415 calorie budget?  I probably couldn't advice you to ever just eat that little in a day as that is not healthy.

But, in general, lean protein of any sort is good for you and fills you up.  A good bang for your calorie buck.  Fruits as your sweet treat verses real sweets, lots of fresh vegis.  

A handful of nuts, guacamole, a little peanut butter, are good things that have the right fat that your body needs while being very satisfying.  

Stay away from anything processed or prepackaged diet food and try to go fresh.  Drink tons of water.  

good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.