Aa
A
A
A
Close
Healthy Cooking Community
1.25k Members
483733 tn?1326802046

It's a Wonderful Loaf (Healthy Meatloaf)

There was a question the other day about a healthy meatloaf.  I was looking through my archives and found this from the Eat, Shrink &  Be Merry Cookbook.  I bet you could make it all with ground turkey.

1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder
3/4 lb. extra-lean ground chicken
3/4 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup peeled, grated sweet potato
1/2 cup unpeeled, grated zucchini
1/2 cup finely minced onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp. each dried thyme, dried sage, and salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.  Set aside.

Using your hands, combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix well.  Pat mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.  Spread ketchup mixture evenly over loaf.

Bank, uncovered, at 350 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until meat is browned and juices run clear.

Pour off liquid in bottom of pan and remove loaf.  Slice into 8 pieces and serve immediately.

Per serving (8 servings in all) 218 calories, 6.3 g total fat (3.4 g saturated fat), 23 g protein, 18 g carbs, 1.3 g fibre, 44 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium
1 Responses
535822 tn?1443980380
Twas I who asked about meatloaf and had some great ones given for me to try, I love this one, the sweet potatoe and zuchini is  new  and I havent tried thyme and sage only had that in stuffing, I have several now to try before some visitors arrive, going to have a practise run,this weekend using family as guinea pigs, I better get it right the l;ast was really was horribus, it was as if the spices clashed with each other.!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.