Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
3124465 tn?1387324101

Low-Carb Fruits?

My diet is way overbalanced on carbs, and low on fruit. So I started eating more bananas, because I like them, only to find out that bananas have a lot of carbs. Any tips for low carb fruits, or how to incorporate fruits into meals? Thanks!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4532601 tn?1356012589
I assume you want to lose weight. Simply eat more meat and veg. Lots of nuts, protein shakes, eggs etc. Dont stop eating carbs altogether, just eat less.
Helpful - 0
4533311 tn?1356076321
Such a curious statement: "My diet is way overbalanced on carbs, and low on fruit". I mean, it's obvious, cuz fruits are based on carbs above all(and vitamines, microelements and etc.) but it's so called "healthy carbs"(apples, pineapples, oranges). U may eat it being on a diet. it's ok. But u should know there are some fruits(bananas, for instance) having a lot of starch, or grapes - it has much sugar ,so it's not so good for super-healthy meal. But u may eat 1-2 bananas on breakfast - it won't break your diet. The importent thing - don't  eat many carbs (even healthy ones) in the evening.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.