Healthy Cooking Community

Low cal vegetarian meals?

I am 13 and I am a vegetarian. (I also try to limit my intake of dairy, but if there's a helthy meal or snack with dairy in it, then I will make an exception.) The rest of my family eats meat and I have to cook for myself on some occasions.
Also, both of my parents work all day so I was wondering about healthy snacks. Are there some simple things I could make/buy?
(Just to make it even more difficult, I am also counting my calories for about 1100 a day...)
Hummus and vegetables is a great way to start. It's available in most super markets already made (look for the one with the "cleanest" ingredients). It's also simple to make if you have a food processor. All you need is a can of cooked chick peas (garbanzo beans), tahini (sesame butter- I prefer Joya brand), lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. But the can of beans in the food processor (don't put all the accompanying bean liquid in just yet, save it in case you need to thing the hummus), the juice of 1/2 lemon, a good heaping tablespoon of the tahini, a tales (or less) of olive oil, and about 1/2 tsp (measured) salt (start with less and add more if needed). Blend until smooth, adding more bean liquid if needed to make a smooth dip. Eat with veggie sticks and pita bread. Eat well: only foods that PROMOTE health, and you won't need to count calories!