Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
390388 tn?1279636213

Muffin Bread.

Hey everyone I came up with a new idea tonight that actually worked.  LOL  If you want a snack that is fairly healthy.  Try baking your favorite bread in a muffin pan.

I was making banana bread tonight and was going to bake 2 loafs and for the heck of it decided to make only one loaf and put the other loaf into muffins.  It takes less time and works out great.  For a quick breakfast on the run, late snack or sweet tooth have a muffin bread with an apple or orange.  

Maybe stupid to share, I don't know; nevertheless, I thought I would share it with you all.  Take care;  Me.
3 Responses
172023 tn?1334672284
That's not stupid!  Thats a very good idea.  Far better to have something like that on hand, than to stop at McD's for something you'll regret later.

If I have a loaf of something in the house, sometimes I pick and pick at it until I've eaten a lot of it.  With muffins, its far easier to package them and put them in the freezer to heat up quickly when you need it.

Thanks!
390388 tn?1279636213
No problem.  The way I came up with this was odd.  I ran slightly short on my bread flour for 2 loafs and decided to throw the rest into a muffin pan.  
They turned out tasting better than the loaf of bread.  LOL  
So I thought.....Ok cool.  I or my husband on a run can grab one of these along with an orange or apple for breakfast or just a hunger attack and would be perfect or along with a 70 calorie snack size package of apricots (yummy...my favorite).  I came up with the name of Muffin bread just because it makes me laugh and sounds so dog gone cute.  LOL  ha ha.  TAKE CARE.....ME.
127124 tn?1326735435
Great idea!  I love banana bread but it never turns out when I make it- I bet this would work perfect.  
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.