Healthy Cooking Community

Old Favorites/ New Ways

I thought it would be great to share how we've made favorite recipes into more healthful meals.  Anyone have anything to share?  How do you make well loved oldies but goodies into newer better for you favorites?  
I find a healthier alternative...example: white sugar I use honey or maple syrup.  I have also learned more about white carbs and adapt the recipe to fit my new healthier life style!! LOVING it, have gone from 325 Lbs. to 165 lbs. I feel more energy without all the other stuff loading me down!!
instead of regular pasta, I've been using zucchini or butternut squash pasta. also substitute cauliflower rice for regular rice. Saving my carbs for dessert!
YES I LOVE zucchini and so does the hubby so it's a win win for us!!