Quick healthy meals?

Hello,  im 20 years old,  and I was 175 pounds as a girl who stands about 5'8, I've put on 30 pounds in the last couple years and I want my body back! I need quick healthy low calorie meals.  I am extremely picky when it comes to stuff like this,  I need a lot of help!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  Well, what kinds of foods do you like??

Meals that consist of some lean protein---  a broiled piece of fish with some lemon, a baked chicken breast, a grilled pork chop along with much vegitables and fruit is a healthy meal.  Try to cut down on grains/starches.  Things like bread, white rice, pasta, for example.  

Eat fruit for a snack.  It has natural sugar so I get my sugar fix with say an orange or an apple.  

I like a salad with grilled chicken in it and some salad vinegar (in stores by the vinegar section--  not dressing section).  

Have you ever had quinoa?  I love the stuff and it is a super grain.  I make up a salad with spices like cumin in it, quinoa, black beans and corn.  Really tasty.  I can get the recipe for you if you are interested.

So, give me some idea of food things you like and I'll try to help with more suggestions.  
Helpful - 0
It's all about substituting your favorite fatty and unhealthy meals, into really good super food ones. Turn a taco you might buy from taco bell (oily and salt infused) and go home and make a corn tortilla, sautéd veggie (kale, bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms) taco with of course favorite toppings of raw goat cheese, avocado, salsa fresca
Yes quinoa and black beans also

Just an idea, let me know if you would like me to flip any other meals for you :)
Helpful - 0
Omelettes with cage free eggs, peppers, onions and avocado are really easy to make and healthy! Also smoothies can be a good meal if you put protein powder, avocado, etc in them. :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community