Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Quick healthy meals?

Hello,  im 20 years old,  and I was 175 pounds as a girl who stands about 5'8, I've put on 30 pounds in the last couple years and I want my body back! I need quick healthy low calorie meals.  I am extremely picky when it comes to stuff like this,  I need a lot of help!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  Well, what kinds of foods do you like??

Meals that consist of some lean protein---  a broiled piece of fish with some lemon, a baked chicken breast, a grilled pork chop along with much vegitables and fruit is a healthy meal.  Try to cut down on grains/starches.  Things like bread, white rice, pasta, for example.  

Eat fruit for a snack.  It has natural sugar so I get my sugar fix with say an orange or an apple.  

I like a salad with grilled chicken in it and some salad vinegar (in stores by the vinegar section--  not dressing section).  

Have you ever had quinoa?  I love the stuff and it is a super grain.  I make up a salad with spices like cumin in it, quinoa, black beans and corn.  Really tasty.  I can get the recipe for you if you are interested.

So, give me some idea of food things you like and I'll try to help with more suggestions.  
Helpful - 0
It's all about substituting your favorite fatty and unhealthy meals, into really good super food ones. Turn a taco you might buy from taco bell (oily and salt infused) and go home and make a corn tortilla, sautéd veggie (kale, bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms) taco with of course favorite toppings of raw goat cheese, avocado, salsa fresca
Yes quinoa and black beans also

Just an idea, let me know if you would like me to flip any other meals for you :)
Helpful - 0
Omelettes with cage free eggs, peppers, onions and avocado are really easy to make and healthy! Also smoothies can be a good meal if you put protein powder, avocado, etc in them. :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.