Quinoa

I hope I'm spelling that correctly. I have had this at two parties recently incorporated into salads.  It was really good.  Supposedly it is also super good for you.  I'd love some recipes to try?  any ideas??
Best Answer
Its very easy to add cooked quinoa to a variety of meals, i like to substitute up to half of meat in things like chili, meatballs, etc. also easy to add to quiche as the crust, substitute for any rice etc

Black Bean Quinoa (5 serv)

1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil, 1/2 onion, chopped, 1-1/2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped, 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons uncooked quinoa, 3/4 cup vegetable broth, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste,1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over med heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, sauté until lightly browned.
Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, Stir in frozen corn and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and cilantro.

Breakfast Quinoa (1 serv)
1/4 C low fat milk, 1/4 C water, 1/4 C rinsed quinoa, 1/2 C blackberries, 1/8 t cinnamon, a few toasted pecans, 1 t sugar substitute

Combine milk, water, and quinoa in med saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to med/low cover and simmer 15 min or until most liquid is absorbed then remove from heat. Add rest of ingred
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Black Bean Quinoa (5 serv)

Breakfast Quinoa (1 serv)

Helpful - 0
My sister makes a salad with it that's very good.  It's got the Quinoa, plus various fruit and a sauce.  Unfortunately, I don't have the exact recipe, but I can get it or maybe google it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community