A
A
A
Close
Healthy Cooking Community
1.25k Members
707563 tn?1553635552

RECALL - Gold Medal Unbleached Flour 5 lb bag - Salmonella concerns

General Mills is recalling certain 5 lb bags of their unbleached flour over possible salmonella concerns.

Look for this package info:

Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose 5LB Flour
Package UPC: 000-16000-19610-0
Recalled Better if Used by Date: 20APR2020KC

For more info: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/general-mills-gold-medal-unbleached-flour-recalled-over-salmonella-fears-n962301
4 Responses
134578 tn?1546634665
Wow, I'm glad I buy Bob's Red Mill flour.
649848 tn?1534637300
I buy mostly gluten free flour (usually Bob's Red Mill too), but the last bag of unbleached wheat flour I got was a store brand and was quite some time ago.
707563 tn?1553635552
Clearly, I'm not a chef, because I can't remember the last time I bought flour.

I guess Bob's Red Mill will be the kind I buy, though. :)
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
I do buy white flour still . . .   especially around holiday time. I generally buy the store brand or gold medal.  I'll have to look if I have some left or if I already poisoned my family.  
2 Comments
I always dump mine from the bag into a canister, so I'd not know the difference anyway.  

I think they'd have shown signs by now if you'd already poisoned them.  :-)
ha ha, probably to showing signs of poisoning.  

Our grocery store does contact you if you bought a recalled item typically.  I use my grocery card (Kroger card) so it is attached to my phone number.  I've gotten automated phone calls on my answering machine before about recalled items that I've bought as they track the scan numbers.  Which is pretty nifty!  
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.