Roast Chicken with Rosemary

Sometimes the simple recipes are the best.  This is from Allrecipes.  Many people added a cut up lemon inside, and several cloves of garlic.

INGREDIENTS

1 (3-4 pound) whole chicken, rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion, quartered
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff with the onion and rosemary. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish or roasting dish, lined with foil for easier clean up.
Roast in the preheated oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the bird.   I always check with an instant read meat thermometer at 1 hour, and then continue cooking if necessary.  (20-25 min/lb is usually about right).

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 291
Total Fat: 17.2g
Cholesterol: 97mg
Sodium: 94mg
Total Carbs: 1.2g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Protein: 30.8g
(I'm assuming the nutrition info is with skin)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree!

This is exactly how I prepare my chicken/cornish hens. I throw in quartered red potatoes sprinkled with evoo and rosemary. Very tasty!
Helpful - 0
This is a fantastic recipe, and is a great example of healthy cooking.
Helpful - 0
If I were to actually add the potatoes like wannabenana said...would it change the cooking temp or time? I am not very...chefly inclined(? lol!) I LOVE Rosemary anything...Have you ever had the Mixed Grill from Olive Garden. Its just a couple of skewers, one chicken, one steak. They're both smothered in this delicious rosemary sauce and served with peppers and potatoes....SOOOO delicious! I would love to learn how to make that sauce...but I'm afraid I will ruin it lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community