Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
172023 tn?1334672284

Roast Chicken with Rosemary

Sometimes the simple recipes are the best.  This is from Allrecipes.  Many people added a cut up lemon inside, and several cloves of garlic.

INGREDIENTS

1 (3-4 pound) whole chicken, rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion, quartered
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff with the onion and rosemary. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish or roasting dish, lined with foil for easier clean up.
Roast in the preheated oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the bird.   I always check with an instant read meat thermometer at 1 hour, and then continue cooking if necessary.  (20-25 min/lb is usually about right).

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 291
Total Fat: 17.2g
Cholesterol: 97mg
Sodium: 94mg
Total Carbs: 1.2g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Protein: 30.8g
(I'm assuming the nutrition info is with skin)
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree!

This is exactly how I prepare my chicken/cornish hens. I throw in quartered red potatoes sprinkled with evoo and rosemary. Very tasty!
Helpful - 0
389974 tn?1331015242
This is a fantastic recipe, and is a great example of healthy cooking.
Helpful - 0
285848 tn?1219092313
If I were to actually add the potatoes like wannabenana said...would it change the cooking temp or time? I am not very...chefly inclined(? lol!) I LOVE Rosemary anything...Have you ever had the Mixed Grill from Olive Garden. Its just a couple of skewers, one chicken, one steak. They're both smothered in this delicious rosemary sauce and served with peppers and potatoes....SOOOO delicious! I would love to learn how to make that sauce...but I'm afraid I will ruin it lol
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.