School packed lunches!

I make my own packed lunch and it's so tempting to fill it with crisps and chocolate - any tips on what to put in it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there.  Well, a sandwich on pita bread of lean turkey and lettuce, a container of peanut butter with things to dip in it like celery or apples, a protein bar (see what I'm getting at . . .   you need some protein at lunch to maintain energy).  also maybe some carrot sticks with a small container of light ranch dressing, a hard boiled egg, a low fat cheese stick. a low fat yogurt tube, FRUIT.  

Healthy things that have nutritional value are best.  Every bite you take should count toward your health.  good luck
Helpful - 0
Thank you!!:)
Helpful - 0
Use celery instead of crisps - this a bit of seasoned salt if you need the salt taste.  It gets the crunchy part of cravings taken care of. And then some sort of small fruit - mandarin orange, a couple of strawberries for sweet.
Helpful - 0
Fruit will compensate your sweet tooth and crackerbreads with humous is just as nice as crisps and dip. Yoghurt, fresh orange/Apple juice, raisins, chicken/caesar/waldorf salads. Tuna pasta with sweetcorn, red onion, light mayo.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community