Aa
A
A
A
Close
Healthy Cooking Community
1.25k Members

Sugars

how can I avoid to eat sugars and bad fats? I just "need" to eat those two cookies or some candy every day and I don't like that but I can't help myself! So what should I do ?
3 Responses
Bake with really ripe bananas!  Yes fruits have sugar but when you consume them they aren't considered added sugar.  I make a bread made with cooked quinoa, ripe bananas, whole wheat flour, 1 egg, and a handful of dark chocolate chips which adds just a small amount of added sugar, but not even close to anything you would eat in a cookie, are packaged baked good.  These quinoa bars are packed with protein, fiber and vitamins.  They are sooo good and really reduced guilt!

Ingredients:                                                                                                   1) 1 3/4 cup wheat flour
2) 1 individual cup of unsweetened applesauce
3) 2 teaspoons baking powder
4) 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
5) 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
6) 1/8 teaspoon salt
7) 2 ripe bananas, mashed
8) 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
9) 1 egg, lightly beaten
10) 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
11) 1/4 cup low-fat milk or greek yogurt                                               Steps:
1) Preheat oven to 350 deg F (180 deg cel). Prepare a pan by greasing it with butter. I used a 9x13 rectangular pan.
2) In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, mix well.
3) In a food processor, mix together bananas, applesauce, quinoa, egg, melted butter and milk/yogurt, until well combined, then pour banana mixture into a large bowl.
4) Add the dry ingredients, a half cup at a time, to the banana mixture, mixing thoroughly.
5) Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake for until a toothpick poked in the middle comes out clean
535822 tn?1443980380
I have a battle with sugar aswell, I try so hard but still want to eat sugary stuff
Researchers said physical activity alleviates stress, and stress can encourage overeating! The study had participants
sit or walk for 15 minutes and then had them rate how much they wanted to eat candy. Those who were walking
significantly wanted sweets less than those that just sat. The research said even after the walking the participants
didn't crave the sweets. All the participants were overweight. Then in 2009 they did another study with all the participants being of normal weight and the results were the same.
According to study author Martin Kopp, Ph.D., professor of Sport & Exercise Psychology at the University of Innsbruck, physical activity alleviates stress, which can encourage overeating.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.