A
A
A
Close
Healthy Cooking Community
1.26k Members
203342 tn?1328737207

The best ever bean dip! :D

This is the best bean dip I've ever had! It's healthy and it can even be fat free if you use fat free sour cream. I made this tonight and decided to share it here. I know I'm a little late for Super Bowl but maybe next year, or any party!
Here it is:

Anasazi Bean Dip

2 cans pinto beans
1 medium onion, chopped (I skip this one since most in my family don't like onions)
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa

Drain the liquid from the beans. Put beans in food processor or blender and puree them for 3 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients except for sour cream and salsa. Puree until the mixture is well blended.
Pour mixture into a medium bowl and mix in sour cream and salsa. Stir thoroughly.
Pour dip into bowl and serve with warm corn tortillas or corn tortilla chips.

Believe me, it's yummy! :) I always have people ask for the recipe when I make it. Enjoy!
1 Responses
172023 tn?1334672284
Thanks, April!  

People have parties all year long, so its good to have something like this to make!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.