Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Trying to lose weight for prom but I have to stick to a gluten free diet

I have prom in June & want to lose some weight, but I have coeliac disease so I can't eat gluten & this is in a lot of foods e.g. Bread,Cereals & a lot of health bars.
Can anyone help with maybe a plan I could start of what kind of things I should be eating because uptill now I have never cared about weight or calories , all I cared about was making sure I stuck to my gluten free diet ?

Thanks
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I follow a gluten free diet and recently lost 15 lbs. by reducing my fat intake and eating more fresh fruits and vegetables.  I also eliminated meat, chicken and dairy products - not easy for everyone to do but for me it made all the difference in how I feel and look.  Typical day for me would be oatmeal for breakfast with raisins or peaches added along with a little maple syrup. Or I may whip up a fruit and veggie smoothie (recipes abound on internet).  Lunch might be rice noodles, stir fried with lots of veggies.  Dinner might be roasted vegetables, a veggie burger, quinoa with veggies, apples and almond butter, etc.  I also use soymilk, rice milk, or almond, cashew or hazelnut milk in place of cow's milk.  Chia seeds mixed in with juice or pudding will expand and help you feel full along with giving you extra nutrition and energy.  These are just some ideas - you have to find what works for you.  Good luck!  
Helpful - 0
https://s3.amazonaws.com/PDFs_Draxe/Freebies/Superfood-Recipes.pdf

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.