Healthy Cooking Community

Wanted: Your fav low-fat recipes

Does anybody have favorite low-fat recipes that they could share with me?  

Thanks guys!
You will find that almost all of the recipes on this forum are lower in fat as well as calories.  If you go to the Search this Community area on the right you can enter the name of a dish or an ingredient and it will provide you with a list.  Once you go back to the forum page (and not just this post) you will see Community Archives and from there you can go to recipes.  I'll search around soon for some good ones for you too.
Turkey Chili

Ingredients

1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey breast
      1 med Spanish onion chopped
      1 med green bell pepper chopped
      29 oz can tom. sauce
      28 oz can Red Pack petite diced tom.
      1-16 oz can Bush's mild chili beans
      1- 15.5 oz can of light kidney beans
      1 packet of Giant Eagle chili seasoning mix

Directions
Chop onion and bell pepper an cook in lg pot with ground turkey breast. Drain. Add other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer 20 min with lid cracked and serve with crackers, sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh chives or corn chips, if desired.

I use left overs for chili dogs and chili and cheese baked pot.

Number of Servings: 8

Most of these items can be changed to fit your taste. Spicy beans, ground beef, regular sized diced tomatoes, spicy seasoning, it just depends on what you like. This is just how I make it.
Bean, Vegetable, and Feta Bake

Ingredients

1 can Cannellini White Kidney Beans
      Sun Dried Tomatoes, 4 halves (not packed in oil)
      1med, Onion (Yellow), ( I use Spanish)
      Lg Red Bell Pepper
      3 Cloves of Garlic
      4 cups, Zucchini,  chopped with skin
      9 oz, Baby Spinach (fresh)
      8 oz, Low Fat Feta Cheese
      Salt
      1/4th tsp Red Pepper Flakes
      2 slices, Roman Meal 100% Whole Grain Bread (toasted)
      Nonstick cooking spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Rehydrate tom. in bowl of hot water for 10 min.. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic zucchini, salt, and red pepper to pan and cook till tender crisp. Add spinach in batches and cook, stirring until each batch wilts. Add beans, 1/2 feta, and tomatoes (I use scissors to cut these up) mix. Pour in sprayed casserole dish. Top with toasted bread cubes and remaining cheese. Spray top with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 25 minutes. Serves 4.

Number of Servings: 4

I love this and my hubby does too. I usually drain this once before it's done, all the veggies give it a lot of liquid at the bottom. You can also use whatever bread this is the kind we eat. i got this from a Weight Watchers mag.
Hi RockinRobin32, I have several VLCD & HCG P2 and P3 receipes posted in a new group called "HCG Receipes".  I hope they help everyone regardless of the diet that you are on.  Oh, and if you try one of the receipes, please note what you thought of it.  Bon Appetit...

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HCG-Receipes/show/1021
cool..I will check them out.  Thanks:O)
At just a little over 200 calories ...this packs a nice punch!  Enjoy!

Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients
1 13.75-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon drained capers
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces zucchini, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
8 ounces yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 Vidalia onion or other sweet onion, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 bell pepper, cut into ½-inch-wide strips
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 eggplant (1 pound), trimmed and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 9-inch round (boule) country-style bread,about 1 pound
1½ ounces garlic-and-herb goat cheese, softened

Directions

•Set oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven, then preheat to 425°F. Coat 2 large rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
•For artichoke spread: Combine artichoke hearts, basil, garlic, vinegar, capers, and 1 tablespoon oil in bowl; mix well and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
•For roasted vegetables: Combine zucchini, squash, onion, pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil in bowl; toss well. Sprinkle vegetables with ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange on two baking sheets in single layer. Roast 10 minutes, then give quick stir and rotate pans. Roast 8-10 minutes longer, stirring once, until tender and lightly browned. Transfer to bowl and cool. Brush eggplant slices with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Roast eggplant 18-20 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
•For sandwich: Horizontally slice off top third of bread with serrated knife and reserve. Remove inside of bread, leaving ¾-inch-thick shell at bottom and around sides; save removed bread for breadcrumbs or additional cooking needs. Hollow out top third of bread in same manner. 5. Spread ½ of artichokes over bottom of bread and top with ½ of zucchini, squash, onion, and bell peppers. Crumble cheese over vegetables then top with eggplant slices and remaining zucchini mixture; press down to compact vegetables slightly. Spread remaining artichokes over vegetables. Replace top of the bread. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator with heavy can on top. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Unwrap sandwich and cut into 8 wedges to serve.