Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
208686 tn?1293030503

What did you make for dinner lastnight?

We had some all  organically fresh -- corn on the cob, yams, a couple potatoes, kale, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower all steamed in the steamer (took about 45 mins) and then I baked chicken and then those that wanted some light bar b q sauce added it after it was done. It was delicious!

Organic foods are getting so expensive but worth it I think if you can afford it and wish to eat without chemicals.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I concocted up my own recipe for a vegetarian eggplant casserole.

It actually turned out pretty good!

Served it with a balsamic vinaigrette spring salad.
Helpful - 0
428506 tn?1296557399
Can you suggest tasty Kale preparations?  

I always look at it at the market, but shy away from buying it because I'm worried that I don't know how to make it taste good.

I'm still in the process of changing my ways, and still sort of think of kale as a garnish, not something to eat.  

Any suggestions from you or others are most welcome!

Thanks.
Helpful - 0
I sautee kale and garlic in olive oil and sprinkle with lemon juice or vinegar.
Helpful - 0
172023 tn?1334672284
I've never had kale, either.  

Last night I had the black bean and rice salad.  Tonight we're going to our usual Friday night sushi place, because I'm working tomorrow and we won't be able to go.
Helpful - 0
208686 tn?1293030503
We steam kale and then sprinkle a little sesame seed oil on it. I don't care for it all the time, I like steamed spinach lots better!
Helpful - 0
483733 tn?1326798446
I cooked an Italian Flank Steak (http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000047italian_flank_steak.php) - flank steak rolled with prosciutto, basil, parsley, parmesan and roasted red peppers inside.  I was very pleased with how this turned out.  We had this with some of the leftover rice and bean salad and asparagus with a saffron mayo sauce on top.  
Helpful - 0
193137 tn?1367880063
In preparation for our trip back to my boyfriend's hometown next weekend to meet the parents, we've decided we need to be a bit healthier here in California before we are tempted by the fried chicken, fried okra, and shrimp and grits in Augusta, Georgia. So last night I made lentil soup with pasta, which we ate at 9:30 (because that's the earliest we can get a meal on the table during the week) and now we have leftovers for another 4-6 meals.

That flank steak sounds good. I'm going to check it out. Thanks, TrudieC.
Helpful - 0
353148 tn?1293061164
We had Spinach Quiche. It was good, but no so sure how healthy the crust realy was.
Helpful - 0
101028 tn?1419603004
I'm embarassed to even say what I ate last night.

Was out with friends so I had chicken wings, tossed salad, french fries and steak.  

grace <--- hangs her head in shame
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.