What did you make for dinner lastnight?

We had some all  organically fresh -- corn on the cob, yams, a couple potatoes, kale, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower all steamed in the steamer (took about 45 mins) and then I baked chicken and then those that wanted some light bar b q sauce added it after it was done. It was delicious!

Organic foods are getting so expensive but worth it I think if you can afford it and wish to eat without chemicals.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I concocted up my own recipe for a vegetarian eggplant casserole.

It actually turned out pretty good!

Served it with a balsamic vinaigrette spring salad.
Helpful - 0
Can you suggest tasty Kale preparations?  

I always look at it at the market, but shy away from buying it because I'm worried that I don't know how to make it taste good.

I'm still in the process of changing my ways, and still sort of think of kale as a garnish, not something to eat.  

Any suggestions from you or others are most welcome!

Thanks.
Helpful - 0
I sautee kale and garlic in olive oil and sprinkle with lemon juice or vinegar.
Helpful - 0
I've never had kale, either.  

Last night I had the black bean and rice salad.  Tonight we're going to our usual Friday night sushi place, because I'm working tomorrow and we won't be able to go.
Helpful - 0
We steam kale and then sprinkle a little sesame seed oil on it. I don't care for it all the time, I like steamed spinach lots better!
Helpful - 0
I cooked an Italian Flank Steak (http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000047italian_flank_steak.php) - flank steak rolled with prosciutto, basil, parsley, parmesan and roasted red peppers inside.  I was very pleased with how this turned out.  We had this with some of the leftover rice and bean salad and asparagus with a saffron mayo sauce on top.  
Helpful - 0
In preparation for our trip back to my boyfriend's hometown next weekend to meet the parents, we've decided we need to be a bit healthier here in California before we are tempted by the fried chicken, fried okra, and shrimp and grits in Augusta, Georgia. So last night I made lentil soup with pasta, which we ate at 9:30 (because that's the earliest we can get a meal on the table during the week) and now we have leftovers for another 4-6 meals.

That flank steak sounds good. I'm going to check it out. Thanks, TrudieC.
Helpful - 0
We had Spinach Quiche. It was good, but no so sure how healthy the crust realy was.
Helpful - 0
I'm embarassed to even say what I ate last night.

Was out with friends so I had chicken wings, tossed salad, french fries and steak.  

grace <--- hangs her head in shame
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community