breakfast!

Is fried egg really really bad ? :( should I switch to scrambled / boiled
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So here's the skinny on that question... Fried eggs have the same nutritional value as scrambled/boiled eggs.  Fried eggs just have a bit more phosphorus due to the method of preparation (around 1% more) and also because they are fried, have extra oil you wouldn't find in the other prep ways
Helpful - 0
I use fry light to fry foods it's a 1 cal cooking spray!
Helpful - 0
Hi the low cal spray is great.  But a boiled or poached egg has less calories.. or even using a ceramic pan you don't need any oil to fry egg
Helpful - 0
Thank you guys (: need to get my hands on that spray
Helpful - 0
I am going to vote against using a cooking spray, unless the spray is simple olive oil. There is a bit of evidence that these sprays have problems when heated above certain temperatures, developing in potentially harmful substances. The absolute best was to cook fried eggs is in a well-seasoned iron skillet.
Helpful - 0
Boiled egg is the healthiest because it doesn't have any oil. If you have a ceramic pan, that will be excellent for pouched egg.
Helpful - 0
I use the cooking spray as well.  I think that it adds very little fat or calories.  

I personally need variety and can't eat the same things over and over.  

I like a hard boiled egg but that isn't breakfast food for me for some reason.  I eat that on a salad as my protein for lunch often.  And for a snack.  

I like scrambled eggs or fried eggs or poached eggs for breakfast.  I have a microwave poacher---  you add a tiny bit of water and it poaches the perfect egg.  I also have used egg white egg beaters when I don't feel like separating eggs for egg white scrambles.  

good luck
Helpful - 0
Coconut oil is good for frying eggs, as well.  Yes, it's got some fat, but it's a healthy fat and it helps satisfy the hunger.
Helpful - 0
Fried egg isnt that bad as long as you dont cook it with too much oil
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community