cabbage good veggie?

hi guys I just started my diet yesterday.. is eating boiled cabbage w/ tomatoes and onion and a lil bit of salt and pepper ok? .. Im asian and i love rice but im tryin to lose weight so Im planning to substitute this with rice. :) thanks
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I believe it is. My mother used to call it her Diet soup. She'd also put garlic & leeks into the mix to keep it tasting salty without adding to much salt. Pamela
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh, yes.  It has health properties and is good for weight loss.  I am huge fan of cabbage . . .   and everyone knows when I'm eating it.  :>)  good for the digestive system!
Helpful - 0
Yes, cabbage is good for you.  So is spinach and kale.  Try to get a variety of veggies in your diet with lots of color.  It's nice on the eyes too!  The colors of veggies indicate the nutritive value, so try new things.  It's fun!  Do stir fries with peppers, brocoli, asparagus, onion, eggplant, thinly sliced carrots, whatever looks good at the store.  Buy organic when possible.  
Helpful - 0
wow awesome then! thank you guys! :) I'll continue eating cabbage instead. so glad it's good coz im liking it very much
thanks again for the advice everyone! :)
Helpful - 0
it is good for you and your right with the post above most people used that cabbage soup diet where people only ate cabbage soup 2 weeks to lose weight however the weight comes back. I believe cabbage maybe one of those empty vegetables that fills you up from an appetite perspective but has minimal nutritional value, so you do need to add something else to the cabbage like some kale or spinach for added benefit. thanks for reminding me about the cabbage soup diet because I do need something to help with appetite control so I will add this to my diet as well as other nutritional foods.
Helpful - 0
Try steaming it rather than boiling
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community