Healthy Cooking Community

cooking with wine

I love sauteeing chicken in wine, serving it with onions and broccoli. But how unhealthy is this?
Sounds like a good recipe. My only problem is that I am allergic to red wine. I have no idea how many people have this problem, but there may be others, and I wouldn't bring anything cooked in red wine to a pot-luck church dinner.
It sounds pretty alright with me. But if you want it to be healthier, you can always remove the chicken's skin, use the less fatty portion of the chicken, use olive oil and go easy on the salt.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  I do love foods cooked in wine.  I use a white cooking wine in many recipes but I do tend to stay away from taking it to a pot luck because not everyone love that flavor. The alcohol cooks off and the flavor remains.  When I take that type of thing---  I generally substitute chicken broth for the wine.  

When people eat at my house, I generally know that they'll like it and I add the wine.  But say, if caretaker was coming over, I'd make something else.  

But when GOING somewhere, I would add chicken broth or stock instead of wine.  good luck and have fun at your outing!