Aa
A
A
A
Close
Healthy Cooking Community
1.25k Members

cooking with wine

I love sauteeing chicken in wine, serving it with onions and broccoli. But how unhealthy is this?
3 Responses
144586 tn?1284669764
Sounds like a good recipe. My only problem is that I am allergic to red wine. I have no idea how many people have this problem, but there may be others, and I wouldn't bring anything cooked in red wine to a pot-luck church dinner.
9118730 tn?1401804252
It sounds pretty alright with me. But if you want it to be healthier, you can always remove the chicken's skin, use the less fatty portion of the chicken, use olive oil and go easy on the salt.
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  I do love foods cooked in wine.  I use a white cooking wine in many recipes but I do tend to stay away from taking it to a pot luck because not everyone love that flavor. The alcohol cooks off and the flavor remains.  When I take that type of thing---  I generally substitute chicken broth for the wine.  

When people eat at my house, I generally know that they'll like it and I add the wine.  But say, if caretaker was coming over, I'd make something else.  

But when GOING somewhere, I would add chicken broth or stock instead of wine.  good luck and have fun at your outing!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.