Healthy moms Club Community
21 Members

How do you divide labor in your house?

Always interesting to me how other couples do it.   I definitely got the short end of the stick in our house.  
I work part-time and DH works a full-time job and has his own company on the side...so, I get most all household chores.  DH is responsible for lawn and house maintenance.  I get all chores.  All 3 of my kids play club soccer all year around, so if DH is not working he helps with practices/games (and really makes every effort to help with practices and tries to make as many games as he can). I do most kid running, school running, etc.  With that said, DH works hard and does help when he is available (don't want it to seem like he sits around while I do most).  I also have this kids pitch in and help with chores.  It is crazy, but I wouldn't change it!  (ok, if I had a magic wand, I would change it some)
We still live in an apartment, so thank god there's no lawn to worry about just yet lol, or that would be Hubby's job. But he works 12 hours a day just about, and I stay home with baby, so I get done pretty much everything in the house. He'll take the trash out, and he's responsible for loading the laundry so I can take it to the laundromat. But I do everything else. It works for us, he works, while I spend the day caring for baby and the house
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.