Please Help! Is this a hearing disorder or am I crazy?

I think I might have a hearing problem Im not sure but I often have to ask people to repeat what they say I can hear them but I dont understand my real issue is sometimes when I am talking I can hear myself speaking loud and clear even when I feel like I am yelling but the person I am speaking to can't hear what I said I used to think I was being ignored or something is wrong with there hearing my mom always say that I am mumbling and not speaking loud enough but I can hear myself speaking loud and clear I used to think is was not a big deal but lately It has been causing strain and stress in my relationships with people I get into alot of arguments because I know I said something and they say I didn't say I didn't and I know I said what ever it was so they think I crazy and I think the same about them I did some research but I never heard of anything or anyone that has this problem I have If anyone out there heard of something like this please guide me in the right direction this as I am geting older I starting to reconize this more I guess I had this problem since I was a child but now it is causing me much stress and low self esteem.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your statement suggests that you do have a hearing problem, but you need to get tested to know for sure. Go see your local audiologist for a consult. They are qualified, and have fairly reasonable rates. If not, see an ENT that has an Audiologist on staff, and use your insurance if you have coverage.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hearing Loss Community

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life