100% Occlusion in Left Carotid, heart Failure (28%EF)
Tags: A-Fib, EF, artery, left, ICD, 100%, years, Heart, sleep, stress
I am a 52 year old male with sleep apnea,congestive heart failure (EF28%), an implanted ICD, severe coronary artery disease to the heart, had bypass surgery in 2000, 9 stents since then and recently started having TIA's with memory loss, slurred speech, confusion and was told I now had a 100% blockage in my left carotid artery and was told surgery was not an option. Am on Coumadin 10-mg per day, Digoxin .125mg per day, Aspirin 325mg per day, Aggrenox 1000 mg twice a day, Isosorbide 30mg 3 times a day, Enalpril 10mg per day.
I have been fighting this heart and neurological problem for 10 years now and am now going into A-Fib at least twice a day for the past month.
My Doctors have said there is nothing left to do. My QUESTION :  I guess it's one that no one really wants to answer believing that the diagnoses may lead to a self fulfilled expectation, but for personal and financial purposes I really need someone who is willing to give me a straight forward answer about what my chances are of being around or at least capable of making decisions 6 months or a year from now? I know they are not good, but no one will even try to give me a clue! I am the type person who needs to face reality and can take it. The wondering if I have a day or 2 weeks is enough stress on me to cause a problem! Could someone PLEASE at least try and give me a clue? Like some averages for a patients survival rate with my conditions!
Thank You,
Allan