Heart Disease Forum

23 year old male low heart rate

Hi, I have been experiencing shortness of breath and chest pains for 2 years now. Doctors have done tests and said heart, lungs etc are all fine. So it was put down to panic/anxiety attacks. However recently it has come to my attention that my heart rate is always in the 50s at rest. I've read that a normal resting heart is 60-100 bpm. Could this be anything to do with the problems I'm having?
It's possible that your heartrate may not accelarate adequatedly when you exercise, which could lead to your symptoms, if they occur with exercise.  That said, it's not uncommon for young people to have resting heartrates in the 50s.You should discuss further with your doctor.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.