Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

28 Year Old - very healthy - Extreme High Blood Pressure

I am 28 years old and have extreme high blood pressure, especially at night. 140/100. I dont eat red meat or drink any type soda. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and try to stay organic. I am 5'9" and weigh 160. I am 75% hispanic and 25% chinese. I have never smoked and drink  some beers maybe once every 2 - 3 months. I have constant needle ***** headaches, chest pain and high blood pressure. I try to run and workout with light weights but get light headed. Lot of pain recently where my kidneys are. Lisinopril didnt work, cozarr 50 didnt work, I am taking hyzarr 100/12.5 to see if it can control my blood pressure. Last year I had chronic prostatitis but it seemd to go away and has no come back, well the same pain and the doctor is going to have some test done to figure that out too. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in 2004. Can someone give me some advice or help, i have constant headaches that are not very painful, but just the need picking is so worrysome because I always think that I am getting a stroke. My cholesterol is fine. I take supplements, green multi vitamins, omega 3-6-9, and Coenzyme Q-10 daily. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, salads, lean chicken, and at least 4 small meals a day. No sweets. I dont know what else to do. Someone please help me. I live in Georgia.

I have had 2 cat scans and a mri of the head, and everythig came back normal
Blood Work normal
Urine Test normal
xray of chest - normal
echocardiogram - normal

Stress test on feb 3, 2009
cat scan of lower abdomen pelvic jan 30,2009
1 Responses
690060 tn?1247845341
> Lot of pain recently where my kidneys are

how about a rare infection of the kidney by virus rather than bacteria?

did you have a virus cold before your HTN got worse?

as for headaches, my 3 week long headache last fall ended within 24 hrs of starting magnesium powder
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.