Heart Disease Forum

Ablation and a Blocked Artery

I have been diagnosed via a nuclear stress test that one of my arteries (the cardio wasn't sure which one even though he can see on the xray (?) has a 70% blockage. We are treating it with a daily aspirin and a statin. (is that the standard treatment?)

My question is - is an ablation for my atrial fib out of the question because of this blocked artery? Is the ablation riskier because of the artery situation?

With much appreciation.

k.
No it is generally not a contraindication to the procedure to have some blockage, unless this is associated with heart failure symptoms ( because the procedure involves large amounts of fluid).
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.