Heart Disease Community

About cat-scan for cardiac test result

Hello. my main concern is shortness of breath and pain. I recently had an appointment with cardiologist yesterday to discuss about cat-scan for cardiac which I took few weeks ago. I do have difficult time to understand what he tried to explain to me. I will add the test result here. The reason why I asked for help because I am hard of hearing and I am not that good at hearing all of the words. Maybe if you can explain what it means.

I am not sure what it means: "Anomalous drainage of the right upper pulmonary vein into the superior vena cava."

He informed me that he suggested me to visit my pulmonary doctor and discuss about it.

Let me know know what do you think of this. Great help would be appreciated.

Pulmonary veins carry oxygenated blood from the lungs into the left atrium and from there the bloods gets pumped into the body. In your case there is a drain into the vein that carries blood into the right atrium for the heart to pump it into lungs for the blood to get oxygenated. In other words, in your case the process is short circuited to some extent and that amount of oxygenated blood is never used by your body, causing your problems - follow your doctors advice.