Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

About cat-scan for cardiac test result

Hello. my main concern is shortness of breath and pain. I recently had an appointment with cardiologist yesterday to discuss about cat-scan for cardiac which I took few weeks ago. I do have difficult time to understand what he tried to explain to me. I will add the test result here. The reason why I asked for help because I am hard of hearing and I am not that good at hearing all of the words. Maybe if you can explain what it means.

I am not sure what it means: "Anomalous drainage of the right upper pulmonary vein into the superior vena cava."

He informed me that he suggested me to visit my pulmonary doctor and discuss about it.

Let me know know what do you think of this. Great help would be appreciated.

1 Responses
Pulmonary veins carry oxygenated blood from the lungs into the left atrium and from there the bloods gets pumped into the body. In your case there is a drain into the vein that carries blood into the right atrium for the heart to pump it into lungs for the blood to get oxygenated. In other words, in your case the process is short circuited to some extent and that amount of oxygenated blood is never used by your body, causing your problems - follow your doctors advice.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.