Aneurysm

I am 40 years old and in a follow up CT to determine  changes in adrenal gland cyst they found that I have 4 cm ascending aeorta aneurysm. Foe months I have pain in the area of the lefy kidney and lower back. I always tired and have no stamina. Can IT BE ALL RELATED?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cholesterol and blood pressure meds are the only ones that can help.  Asa and plavix don't really help much in terms of halting progression.  I wouldn't be alarmed about this but regular follow up is a must.  You can work and perform aerobic exercise without any problems, I would however, stay away from heavy weight lifting.  
Helpful - 1
Thank you. I have an appointment with cardio later this week, but very worried. I am happy to have this site to vent and get answers.
Helpful - 0
Can an aneurysm large form in 2-3 years without warning? Can any med cause it?
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your answer. Do you think that medication for cholesterol and triglycerides and  even taking plavix/aspirin can help me minimize any risks. Can I still work full time and exercise?
Helpful - 0
The 4 cm is an unlikely cause of your symptoms but it is concerning and should be monitored over time.  It has to be worked up further as far as the cause of the dilation is concerned.  It may be related to high blood pressure, high cholesterol or smoking, but it may also be a congenital condition.  Seeing a cardiologist on a regular basis with follow up is important.
Helpful - 0
The doctor's comment is the authority, but in my case and from what I know of others, ascending aortic aneurysms are usually asymptomatic until they progress to dissection. At 4.0 cm, you are far below the range of size where this usually happens, they don't even consider operating until you reach 5.0 cm, and growth is usually on the order of 0.005 cm or less per year. I would suspect your adrenal gland cyst is the more likely cause of your symptons.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Forum

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.