Heart Disease Community

Are the medical parameters always true indicators of good or bad health?

“can you clean them naturally with good health habits after there has been build up?”
I am neither an MD nor an MS but I have undergone bypass surgery of one artery and 2 veins on 29/12/2009. Then I studied literature on life after open heart surgery. I came to the following conclusions .
1..De-emergencize life
2.No smoking. I have not smoked from the day I was admitted to the operating hospital.
3.Minimize the oily foods
4.Increase intake of vegetables,fruits and spices particularly garlic,onion, green chilly, ginger and others.
5.Keep all the excretory processes of the body well regulated.
6.Regular exercise a must.I do chosen regular exercises including very strenuous ones like Progressive muscle relaxation, kumbhak, Nataraj positions and urdha padmasan for about one and half hours daily.
7.These are do or die for me.
8.Be not stereotyped. Continue amending life style.
So I have discontinued medication since June 15,2010. I am fine but I do not know what the medical parameters will show. But again are the medical parameters always true indicators of good or bad health?
Good Doctors will not prescribe medication unless necessary. If I go to my Doctor and say "I feel fine", she will not prescribe anything unless a blood test states otherwise. For example, if you are rushed to hospital because you are having a stroke, do you A) have clot busting medication , OR B) say "don't worry, I will eat fruit and veg instead".
In many cases what you say is probably valid, but it would be wiser to take the medication and then see if you can improve things with natural means. If you do manage, then the medications can be gradually removed.
" true indicators of good or bad health?", Yes I believe they are. If you have elevated enzymes and chest pains, then your heart is not in good health. There are many markers in the blood which point to different organ dysfunction. People with heart transplants need anti-rejection medication, without this they would die. I don't know of any lifestyle change which can alter this.
According to my experience,  medical parameters, if confirmed (manipulation/operator errors are possible) are good indicators of bad health. However it is very difficult to say that somebody has good health,  there are so many parameters to check and many unknown diseases....  

Jesus
"Good Doctors will not prescribe medication unless necessary"
What do you mean by 'Good doctors'?Roughly what is their percentage?How easily they are accessible?

2." if you are rushed to hospital because you are having a stroke, do you A) have clot busting medication , OR B) say "don't worry, I will eat fruit and veg instead"."

LOL for the inference.Are you hurt dear?
No I'm not hurt, but I do think it can be a dangerous thing to plant seeds of doubt into patients, regarding Doctors and medication.
Doctors go through many years of training and are kept up to date with latest research. They swear an oath, and I refuse to believe they are out to do us harm. Sure there are a very very low number of Doctors who probably don't have the right ethics, but the odds of finding one are virtually zero. You claim to have stopped your medications and have changed your lifestyle in many ways, but it seems you believe everyone should do the same. I totally disagree. What tests have you had to confirm this? Where is the research data with a good number of subjects? Claims are no good without proper scientific backup. 'Feeling' better doesn't really mean much, we need to see what's actually going on inside.
Let me give you a good example. Many patients have had stem cell trials, where stem cells have been injected into heart muscle to see if dead scar tissue will have new muscle formed over it. Before the trials, every patient had an EKG, Echo, Stress Echo and Nuclear scan. After the trial, the same tests were run. We have 2 contradictory sets of results. One is from the majority of patients who say they actually feel better. The other is from the tests which show there is absolutely no difference in heart function or muscle mass. Who do you believe? the placebo effect? or reality?
" it seems you believe everyone should do the same. I totally disagree."
Your first conjecture is wrong and your disagreement is right.I have right to expression and I am doing so just to explore others' insight . I wonder how you expect that millions of doctors around the world will be disbelieved just by the version of an erstwhile patient(or a patient). I am expressing only that insight which I have applied on myself successfully or unsuccessfully. Every one is the best judge of himself/herself and if he/she errs then he/she will be ditched and none can help him/her.

I never had stroke.So I have neither experience of pathology nor insight.Let us talk of some other insight which I had.Here it is below.
In the ICU when I opened my eyes I saw the anesthesiologist there to watch me.A ver very nice person. To stop my inquisitiveness he advised "Please do not apply your mind.Only adhere to our advice".I did that in that juncture meticulously.

Now I did not know why there were crepe bandages on my legs. Veins were taken.So there were injuries.I thought to protect the injuries the bandages were there.At one point of time the nurse said that the crepes are there to minimize swelling. In any case after some days the bandages were removed.
                    So every time when I visited the cardiologist the cardiologist looked at my mildly swellen legs and prescribed something to control/heal swelling. On 15/6/2010 he prescribed 2 drugs for this purpose.I bought none. I was already doing two tough exercises for legs.I added the third exercise.Leg swelling disappeared.Believe it or not swelling never reccured..My legs are fine.

How do you explain it or any body explains it? I will reveal my insight later.

Disclaimer. Every one is the best judge of himself/herself and if he/she errs then he/she will be ditched and none can help him/her.
"Doctors go through many years of training and are kept up to date with latest research. They swear an oath, and I refuse to believe they are out to do us harm."Ed34
A wise person knows that he/she knows less than what he/she does not know.

I think a seeker of truth in nature will not be aversive to the presentations of my experiences.
Medical tests in regards to cholesterol are disheartening (excuse the pun lol). Over half (some state 80%) have a heart attack with normal cholesterol levels.  

Causes of heart disease - inflammation and oxidation. Plenty of antioxidants in the diet (fruits, vegetables etc) are needed to fight oxidation. Inflammation markers for heart attack risk -  homocysteine and C- Reactive Protein. Healthy homocysteine levels are around 6.3umol/L and healthy CRP levels are under 1mg/L.

"Did you know that Homocysteine is the primary cause of seriously debilitating conditions like Stroke, Heart Attack, Coronary Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Dementia and Alzheimer's. Elevated levels of Homocysteine is like having countless slivers of glass moving through your bloodstream slicing and shredding your most delicate tissues inside your arteries and brain."

What Are the Risk Factors for High Homocysteine (HCY) Levels?

You may be at risk if you have a family history of:

Heart disease
Stroke
Alzheimer's disease
Osteoporosis
Diabetes
You have low levels of vitamin B12, B6 and Folic Acid
You experience gastric disturbances, breathing difficulties or kidney problems
You are over age 50
You are pregnant
You are experiencing high stress levels
You eat a poor diet
You don't exercise regularly
You drink or smoke excessively

Highly recommended book:

The H Factor Solution: Homocysteine, the Best Single Indicator of Whether You Are Likely to Live Long or Die Young - James Braly MD, Patrick Holford.
Thanks.
Are the conclusions  drawn on the basis of statistical correlations or on the basis of hypothetico-deductive method experimentations?
The former type of researches do not establish causality.
"inflammation and oxidation"
Well I agree with inflammation but oxidation? Oxidation of what? Are you referring to the release of free radicals during oxidation? which of course are impossible to avoid, they are all over the universe. Any chemical reaction or atoms colliding will cause free radicals, we breathe millions in with each breath. There have been an array of clinics claiming to be able to cleanse your body of free radicals for decades, yet of course this is not possible. Every time one of our billions of cells uses oxygen to create energy, whoosh, out pop free radicals, mostly in the form of electrons looking to bond with another atom. Even after death, chemical reactions in the decay process form free radicals, so there's no escape. Experiments with mice have shown increase/decrease in free radicals has no difference. They have existed as long as life and from conception we are putting up with them. If they are so dangerous, we should all have over growing cancers and artery disease by the age of 1. Our bodies are very well designed for making repairs and this of course relies on good health.
I'm intrigued with the Homocysteine, I will certainly be raising this with my cardiologist on my next appointment. I also want to ask about how high levels of Adrenaline may cause harm. I'm sure that in a relaxed state, we all have different levels still.
Although I am not speaking for Red_Star, I think, this is what he meant:
"Although scientists still do not understand all the steps in the development of atherosclerosis, it is known that oxidized LDL in the artery wall are taken up (engulfed) by macrophages, scavenger cells that have been drawn to the site by oxidized LDL. When they become engorged with the oxidized LDL, the macrophages become foam cells, the hallmark of atherosclerotic plaques. It is possible that CRP may bind to oxidized LDL and further enhance the uptake into cells."
And then there is also this:
"The serum concentration of oxLDL is strongly influcenced by diet. One dietary determinant of oxLDL is dietary polyunsaturated fat (PUFA). PUFA are inherently susceptible to oxidative damage, compared to monounsaturated and saturated fats."