Heart Disease Forum

Artery Health and Hypertension Reversal

My family and I are really trying to change our lifestyle for members who have heart disease related conditions. With all the new support of natural medicine and supplements I came across info about arterial health and related to curing and or reversing heart disease. I have seen things on Youtube and read some great info from some very reputable doctors online. Wanted to get some more insight on this new topic...Maybe it can help my family members who are losing their battle.
I can't speak specifically to the natural medicine and supplements issue, but I can tell you that the best way to improve your heart health is by risk factor modification -- low-fat diet, aerobic exercise, weight loss, stop smoking, minimize alcohol intake, etc. Those interventions are proven to improve heart health, whereas many of the natural interventions are new and not well studied.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.