MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Beta Blocker withdrawal length?

How long does withdrawal from beta blockers usually last? I don't have any money to refill my propranolol prescription and haven't had it in 4 months. I was taking it for arrhythmias and high BP (160mg XR propranolol with 180mg XR diltiazam daily) and when I ran out 4 months ago I just kept taking the Dilt. hoping the symptoms were just withdrawals and that they would go away...  Symptoms are what you would think, I'm just curious if to someone with similar conditions (i.e heart issues vs random friend who doesn't even know what a beta blocker is) thinks my symptoms are some weird extended withdrawal from propranolol or if it's just my symptoms that I get (tachycardia, shortness of breath, etc etc).
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community