Heart Disease Forum

CC second opinion recommendation

I posted a few wks ago (it took me 2.5ys to get my first Q to post, now 2 in 3 wks, so no more posts from me) and got a reply in which you suggested that I may have diastolic dysfunction causing some of my symptoms.  This has not been suggested as a possibility.  I am wondering if you have a name or two for me to consider getting a second opinion at CC in the next mth or two?   We are in Colorado.  

My health profile key points are:  borderline high cholesterol which is new, HTN, asthma, strong family hx of heart disease, dx of cardiomyopathy in 2005/06 (current EF normal at 53%), hx of PE (2006) and open dx of inclusion body or polymyositis per clinical picture, MRIs, bloodwork and lung function results through 2006, showing poor muscle function. Recovered corticoadrenal insufficiency,  Protein S deficiency, residual mitral valve regurgitation and some atrial enlargement.  I am 43yo female, normal weight, normal BMI.  Last Echo in 2007, nothing ordered by new cardiologist who I was assigned too after mine left the area.

Once again, thank you in advance, sorry to bug you again.  I sound like a health disaster but I chase three kids 2 thru 8yo on a daily basis and do pretty well all things considered :-).

Fiona      
Allen Klein specializes in this topic.  He is at Cleveland Clinic, the main campus in Cleveland Ohio, 216-444-6697 for Appointments.  
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.