Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members
Avatar universal


My mother has small pain in below chest and back of chest, then doctor advise to go for an angiogram, Angiogram shows Findings:
1.left main: normal
2.LAD:type-III lad. proximal to mid lad shows long segment with 90% stenosis
3. diagonals: thin caliber
4. ramus: small caliber
5. LCX: distal LCX shows 50% stenosis
6. OM 1: large,normal
7. RCA: non-dominant. proximal,mid and distal RCA shows Tandem plaque with 30%-70% multiple stenosis
8. PDA&PLV: minimal disease
Please advise us for further treatment, whether it can be cure with tablets and exercise or have to go for Revascularisation
5 Responses
976897 tn?1379167602
As your Mother has discomfort, it seems obvious that the LAD needs to be treated. Whether this can be done with stents or whether it requires bypass will be a decision by the Cardiologist. I don't think medication is going to be the answer for long as it is likely such as substantial blockage is going to get worse and probably close the vessel. Exercise would be very difficult anyway, and it won't improve the disease already existing. I think the LAD is the only vessel requiring treatment at this time, and perhaps they can stent rather than bypass.
1926971 tn?1426297049
Invasive bypass, stents are not always sure shot as their might be a case of rejected grafts,clot formation in stents. What's best is EECP. with AMT. Try that and doctors not into EECP would always advise Bypass. If you want highly inexpensive but best EECP treatment then you might try taking free telephonic advice on randhawahospital.com

Best wishes.
976897 tn?1379167602
EECP is an option but in the UK it is only so if there are no other alternatives left. The reason being that most patients require regular top up treatments and the number of collaterals it forces open, if any, is very varied.
Avatar universal
Contraindication for EECP: Peripheral artery disease or peripheral vascular disorders (blockages in the arteries or veins of the legs)
I think that venothini should, therfore, follow ed's34 advice - as much as anybody should follow advice given here by non-cardiologists.
4612161 tn?1357163528
The answer to your question really depends on the severity of your symptoms and what the lesions look like on the angiogram.  It is best to consult your physician about this question.  It would probably be advisable to place a stent in the LAD, however depending on the severity of the other stenosis, your physician may advise open heart surgery.  Medical management is another option, however again this depends on the location/severity of the blockages and the severity of symptoms.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.