Heart Disease Forum

Can general anxiety develop vasovagal syndrome?

Recently I have noticed a feeling of dizziness while pressing to defecate, it happens especially when I am constipated and it's very hot. Then another time I had another episode while doing power walking that left me very shaky, nauseated and edgy, I didn't faint but nearly fainted. Then I have noticed when I am very tired especially emotionally I feel light headed.
I have generalized anxiety since I was very young and I wonder if over the years of panic and nervousness I have damaged my nervous system to the point that I suffer from this condition.
Could someone advise me on the subject?
Vasovagal syncope is a condition associated with having feeling like you are going o pass out with change of position or going to the bathroom as have been described. This is a normal response and does not represent damage or any abnormality to the nervous system. Anxiety conditions with associated hyperventilation (breathing very fast) can also be associated with symptoms o feeling like you are going o pass out.  Both conditions may be present in the same individual.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.