Heart Disease Community

Cerebral artery blockage

I had a stroke in November 2009. MRI showed infarc in the back of my brain at lower right. An angigram was done this month that showed that the right cerbral artery was completely blocked while the left cerebral artery was 'almost' blocked. My carotid arteries were open and didn't show any stenosis. My basal artery is 'unusually' small, the radiologist declared.

My questions are:
1. Could the blocked cerebral artery be opened up?
2. If so, what are the chances of success and/or getting blocked up again?
3. Should I consider stent/shunt for all the 3 locations i.e both cerebral arteries and basal artery all at once?
4. If yes, what would be the side effects?

Please advise.

This discussion is related to Vertebral Artery Stenosis.