Heart Disease Community

Chest,arm,jaw and shoulder blade pain

I am a 47 year old women, I work fulltime, sometimes in a high stress office, I am married with two grown children, both of whom live outside of the house so I have been a empty nester for 2+ years. Back in May of 2008, I was sleeping and was awoke with the sinking feeling that my heart had stopped, I thought that I was going to faint and die. After 30 minutes and the paramedics coming to my home the sensations left me. Now ever since then I have at different times of the day and week this shallow  pain in my chest that radiates down my left arm, and makes it tingle and moves to my left shoulder blade and sometimes to the jaw. Along with these symptoms, my blood pressure jumps from a low of 100/50 to 179/95 which is high for me as normally I am at 120/70. This last weekend it hit me again at around 7:00 PM and it would not subside, it just kept getting worse, finally when it went into my jaw, we went to the emergency room, they ran a complete battery of tests, gave me 3 dose's of Nitro, along with  Morphine and a muscle relaxer and anti inflammatory, it still did not completely go away, but did not feel as bad, they admitted me to run even more test including a stress test, they told me that as far as my heart was concerned I had absolutely no issues. We were releases at 7:00 pm that night, the next day, it hit me again, and currently I am experiencing the same symptoms. Can the doctors and the test be wrong? Can it be that the test are just not showing it? I have read oher testimonials in here and they have the same issues. It looks like it could be Unstable Angina yet after just calling the Hospital and speaking to the ER Doctor where they looked up all the results on the computer showed they had checked for Angina and found nothing. To be honest with you, I am terrified to lay down and close my eyes that I may not wake up. The Nuclear Medicine Doctor told me that all he knew was " it was not your heart, but he did not know what it was". I am very concerned and need some guidance here. I am fearing for my health and life and I understand that noone even doctors and tests are 100% correct 100% of the time. Anything you can do will help me. I am not a smoker, am a rare drinker, and not overweight and do not believe that heart disease I runs in my family, I know on my fathers side there is not, my mother was adopted so we are not for sure. Please help if you can. Sincerely, msgina.
Dont feel alone on this one !  I have to ask you are you any type of meds ? even asprin ?
as some medications cause things to happen !  or interactions -  another thing that can cause symptoms like a heart attack (mocks it perfect)  is trapped gas or heavy type of heartburn gerd ?-  Iv been to the ER 3 times for this ,thinking omg !its a heart attack !
when it wasnt !  by the time I got there it faded off - they found nothing -hearts normal..
whats worse I have a pinched nerve in my left shoulder area - so when I cramp up it gets worse !! gas pushes upwords !  and will cause symptoms like this !  do you eat late ,past 7pm at night ?  as that could be a problem !  you got to bed or sleep and it starts to build up inside you !  

I would look into seeing a good Doctor - and get checked for a gas problem or heartburn
like problem..  to be sure it isnt that !    wouldnt hurt to see a cardiologist as well
to confirm its not your heart !    and give you peace of mind !  

for now I have to eat blan foods - and stick to water most times !   as well I take b.p meds daily - and with them I take zantech  3 times a day -  over the counter type 150
it works good for me !  so far ..  

also drinking a lot of soda pop - from about 5pm upwords  can cause gas to happen !
I did that a few times .. wasnt fun !!

good luck  booger the nose