Heart Disease Community

Chest pain in the middle of night

I am a healthy 41 yr old.  When i do certain exercises very high areobics, that very night i get heart spasm. Is this something to worry about.  It is the right side of my heart.. and i wake up with pain. I do not have any pain in the arm.. After few minutes it goes away.

I work out 3-5 times a week.  My blood pressure and cholestrol is fine.

This discussion is related to Heart Spasms, (during rest)  Pain In chest,Left Arm...etc. Unstable Angina?.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Why do you think these are vaso spasms or "heart spasms", has a doctor told you this? I really do not think that chest pain that far after doing exercise is related. I do a very extensive areobic exercise daily and don't think they have ever affected me hours later.

Any chest pain needs to be checked out to be safe. Yours sounds more like a musculoskeletal problem but you should get checked out to be safe, it's not worth the risk.

I hope this helps,

Jon