Heart Disease Community

Coarctation of Aorta, Bicuspid Valve and PFO

Hi.  I am a 40 year old woman, 5' 5", 108 lbs.  I have many medical problems and have difficulty with fatigue and weakness. I have a disease called Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome.  I have extensive AVM's in my left knee, thigh, and hip.   I am also be tested for AVM's in my neck in 2 weeks.  I have a Coarctation of the Aorta which on my last MRA (2006) was narrowed to 1 cm  at the descending aorta.  When I was 4 (1974) I had a Cardiac Catheterization done, at which time they felt there was some sort of abnormality of the media of the aorta.  As of 2006," the aortic root measured 4.6 cm.  The aortic arch measures up to 2.6 cm.  The pre-stenotic descending aorta is dilated measuring 3.5 cm.  The aortic caliber normalizes in the distal descending thoracic aorta measuring 1.8 cm.  The proximal thoracic decending orata is tortuous above the region of stenosis."
I also have a bicuspid valve.  I suffer from migraines and have had a previous stroke.  Due to the stroke, I underwent a TCD bubble study which confirms shunting consistent with the presence of a PFO.  I am currently waiting for an Echocardiogram to confirm or rule out a PFO.  I did have a PFO at ago 4 ( I only found this out when I pulled the file 2 weeks ago).
What would your recommendations be for someone with my history be?  Should the Coarctation and aortic enlargement/dilatations be fixed.  Or is the fact that my vein walls suck not a concern?  I get black eyes just from pucking.  And if it is a PFO would you recommend it being fixed?  I am on metoprolol and asprin.  Thanks.

Tami

Oops.  Got posted in wrong area.  Brain fart.  Sorry.