Heart Disease Forum

Concerns about a heart condition

Hello I am 21 years old an I have been having some problems and I can't seem to find a answer. To start off about 8 months before I got married I would wake up out of my sleep and I felt like I was shaking out of my body. I continued to do that for about 3 months and then I started having more complications. After all of this I started to get to the point to were I was having heart flutters and minor chest pains that lasted no more than 10 minutes at a time. I finally made a doctors appointment and they told me that I ha nothing wrong with me that I just have anxiety. So they put me on a anti depression pill and it seemed to make me worse so I stopped taking it. After all of that useless information I was in Walmart one night and I felt my chest go numb in the heart area and then down my leg and up to my head. So I rushed to the hospital and then done a EKG and a x-ray and said everything looked fine that my potasium was a little low. Now I am at the point to where I get short of breath and feel like I am going to die. I also get dizzy from time to time. When I go outside and work hard or do some sort of exercising such as walking had I start having heart paltipations. I have also ha a electric shock feeling in te center of my chest twice. I really need to know if I just have anxiety or if I have a serious heart condition. Please help me out
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.